CPL have been working with the DIT for the last year and we have great plans for expanding our export strategy and helping others in manufacturing to develop export capabilities. Kevan Reade, Export Growth Trade Adviser | East of England, has been a font of knowledge and support.
We were delighted this month to be invited to become a 2020 Export Champion, working with the DIT to increase the value of British trade. Tony Murray, our Sales and Business Development Manager has been invited to attend meetings and help move forward the UK strategy.
This is a great honour and one that Tony will adopt with enthusiasm and energy as soon as we all work through the current health and economic issues. In a difficult time – this is something we can all celebrate.
The Department for International Trade is an international economic department designed to secure UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade. It is responsible for:
– Bringing together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade and investment, and help businesses succeed;
– Delivering a new trade policy framework for the UK;
– Promoting British trade and investment across the world; and
– Building the global appetite for British goods and services.
Regional export champions are exporters from a variety of sectors who have been vetted by UK regional teams. Operating primarily in their local area they will support exporting by:
- Using personal experience – they will provide informal advice to their peers, supporting DIT’s International Trade Advisers;
- Taking part in events as speakers or panel members to inspire potential exporters;
- Acting as role models for marketing campaigns;
- Taking part in ministerial and VIP visits;
- Keeping us up-to-date about the business community’s views.